Sunday, August 12, 2007

Lakshya.....

"From the crowded streets of Mamblam in Chennai, where I suddenly decided that this was it - I have to reach the Top and get out of here.... To actually sitting inside IIM Calcutta and typing on this laptop - I've had a long journey... A memorable one as well.... I will never forget this struggle... "


It was 25th January 2006... I was anxiously sitting on the computer in the Infosys Mysore campus, which had been my official property since November 15th 2005... Awaiting news on where I was going to go next... All to be decided at random by a Computer which only knew how to differentiate between 0 and 1.

There was a cry in the class as the Postings came out... I clicked the link too.... And saw this........

Atul Mathur IS MCity

I sat there looking in despair... This wasn't a shock.... But it was indeed my worst nightmare... I had seen this time and again in my dreams... Being in MCity... And that now came true...

Don seemed to be roaring in laughter - He had got Bangalore, as he wanted... Rushi had already got Pune which he wanted... Naren also got Pune (though his supposed girl friend got Bangalore)... The only solace for me was that I had Bharat coming with me to Chennai...

4 days from there and I packed my bags to go to the Hot and Humid city Chennai...

January 30th 2006 morning - I wore the Blue Check shirt on KIL's instructions... And went on my journey to MCity....

It seemed to be further than any place I had ever been to... It was scary to think of travelling to MCity everyday.....

Though I got a break for 3 months from Chennai almost immediately, life was never the same when I knew I had to get back to Chennai...

No comments: